Penne pasta with dried tomato pesto!!!
A simple and quick sauce, but very delicious and aromatic, that has all the Mediterranean flavours !!!
- 500 gr penne pasta
- 25 gr. dried tomato
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1-2 garlic cloves
- ¼ cup basil
- ½ cup parmesan cheese
- 70 gr. peeled almonds*
- Salt, pepper
In a pot with plenty of salted water, cook the pasta according to the instructions of the package.
Strain penne pasta and keep a cup of the boiling water.
Sop the tomatoes in water for 2 hours.
Add in blender the tomatoes, olive oil, garlic, salt, pepper, almonds, basil and parmesan cheese and mix together until they become a smooth paste.
Add to the mixture 1 cup water of the cooked pasta and mix with a wire.
Pour the mixture into pasta and mix together.
Serve with freshly ground pepper and extra parmesan cheese.
• Chill pesto in order to keep it for a long time or store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Pesto should be defrosted in the refrigerator, before its use.
• It can be used as a dip with breadsticks or as a bread spread.
• Be very careful with salt, since the dried tomatoes are already salted.
• Avoid adding pine nuts in order to not have a sweet and greasy pesto. Also, avoid nuts because they harden its taste. Choose to add almonds in pesto, since almonds make it tastier.
Visit our online shop and check our available products
Read deilicious recipes based in our products
Dont hesitate to contact us. We will get in touch within 24 hours